As a corporate supporter of the PMI North Saskatchewan Chapter, ESTI would like to congratulate the PMI North Saskatchewan Chapter on the achievement of their 5th anniversary milestone.
PMI North Saskatchewan Chapter Mission Statement
Improving members project management knowledge and skills through education, shared experiences and formal certification; and promoting the recognition of these skills within the community.
In the first 5 years, the North Saskatchewan Chapter has developed and provided a number of services towards the fulfillment of its mission. These key services include:
- Monthly professional development luncheon meetings with topical guest presenters
- Luncheon meetings are organized every month except during the summer
- The next monthly luncheon to be held, Tuesday November 8th and will feature Al Thibault presenting on Volunteer Leadership at the 2005 Canada Summer Games in Regina
- An Annual Professional Development Day
- Professional Development Days have been organized each year since 2004
- The next Annual Professional Development Day will be held in the spring of 2006
- A PMP Exam Study Group
- Study groups have been organized since 2003 with 18 participants
- The 2005 PMP Study Group begins October 24th, 2005
- Sponsorship of a project management library
- The library is housed within the SIAST stacks and contains approximately 100 books on a variety of project management topics
Chartered in 2000, the inaugural NSC membership of 25 has steadily grown to the current 67 members. Thirty-two, or almost half, of the members have achieved their Project Management Professional (PMP) designation.
In the coming months and years, PMI North Saskatchewan Chapter volunteers will continue to work towards the fulfillment of the chapter's mission.
2005-2006 North Saskatchewan Chapter Executive Board of Directors:
Stacy Lloyd, President Amin Ahmed, Vice President, Publicity and Communications Brenda Comfort, Vice President, Programs Lynn Francis, Vice President, Communications Dan Kishchuk, Vice President, Finance Mark Nicholson, Vice President, Membership Les Reimer, Vice President, Education and Certification Carl Schlechte, Immediate Past President Chris Schwarz, Vice President, Special Projects
Stacy Lloyd, President of the PMI North Saskatchewan Chapter, accepts the Chapter Milestone Award for their 5th anniversary from Gregory Balestrero, CEO of the International Project Management Institute. The award was presented at the 2005 PMI Leadership Meeting held September 2005 in Toronto.